- Does the information seem consistent? Someone from Australia who went to a Pakistani university and lives as an Iraqi goat herder raises questions
- Do they have a history? A lot of fake accounts only go back a few days
- Why should they know me? Although they mostly fail the history test I've had a few friend requests from US soldiers in Afghanistan.
- Why should I believe a new account for an old friend is genuine?Some possibilities
- A new photo that wasn't on the old account is good.
- Has the old account continued posting?
- Failing which a private message to the old account can be enlightening.
Monday, February 20, 2017
Caught by fake Facebook account
I got caught out by a "friend" with a fake Facebook account the other day. Normally I avoid this because I look at friend requests to decide if the person seems believable.